Low FODMAP BLT pasta salad
I have such a tasty recipe for you today! I really enjoyed having this for lunch and while I am typing this, I already feel like eating it again. It is a recipe for a pasta salad: a low FODMAP BLT pasta salad!
I got inspired for this recipe by the famous BLT sandwich, where BLT stands for bacon, lettuce and tomato. To be honest, this combination of ingredients doesn’t appeal so much for me to put on a sandwich, but it did sound like a great combination for a pasta salad.
Especially when you add some more yummy ingredients, such as homemade pesto!
The ingredients of this low FODMAP pasta salad
I kept the pasta salad quite simple, because a few good ingredients is what make a pasta salad so tasty: the saltiness of the bacon, the freshness of the tomato and lettuce and homemade pesto as a dressing.
I also added a little bit of avocado and parmesan cheese.
- Gluten-free pasta: for a pasta salad, I like to use gluten-free macaroni or fusilli. You can pick a gluten-free and low FODMAP pasta that you prefer.
- Homemade pesto: I use the pesto from this recipe. Pesto in a pasta salad is always a good idea!
- Bacon: I used slices of bacon that I fried, but you can also use bacon pieces if you like. Check the ingredients to make sure no high FODMAP ingredients were added.
- Lettuce: you can use any kind of lettuce that you like. I used rocket lettuce because I like the peppery flavour of this lettuce a lot in a salad.
- Tomatoes: tomatoes have been retested in 2022 and are now limited low FODMAP. I advise using roma tomatoes because these are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving.
- Avocado: avocado is limited low FODMAP. 1/8 avocado per person is low FODMAP. If you tolerate sorbitol well, you can use a little more. In that case, I would use 1/4 avocado per person.
- Parmesan cheese: I like adding this for the flavour, but it can also be left out.
A delicious low FODMAP BLT pasta salad! With of course bacon, lettuce, tomato ánd pesto. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 160 g (1 1/2 cup, uncooked) gluten-free macaroni or fusilli
- 8 slices of bacon
- 150 g (1 cup) roma tomatoes*
- 2 handfuls of rocket lettuce
- 1/4 avocado**
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (I use the pesto from this recipe)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and put aside to cool.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and halve them. Cut the avocado into cubes.
- Put the pasta into a bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, avocado, rocket lettuce and parmesan cheese.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and add. Finally add the pesto and stir everything together.
- Taste and season with pepper and salt.
*Tomatoes have been retested in 2022 and are now limited low FODMAP. I advise using roma tomatoes because these are low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving.
**Avocado is limited low FODMAP. 1/8 avocado per serving is low FODMAP. If you tolerate sorbitol well, you can use a little more. In that case, I would use 1/4 avocado per person.
Store the pasta salad in a closed box in the fridge. You can keep the pasta in the fridge for 2 days.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Mengen
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe)
- Calories: 593
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 72
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 23
Keywords: BLT pasta salad, BLT, low FODMAP pasta salad, gluten-free pasta salad
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.