Low FODMAP blinis are a super cute starter dish for the holidays! But also tasty for breakfast or lunch. I made them with a sweet and a savoury topping.
For the blinis
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml lactose-free milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
For the toppings
- Lactose-free cream cheese
- Canned mushrooms
- Grilled paprika from a jar (make sure the ingredients don’t contain garlic)*
- Cottage cheese**
- Strawberry jam
- Put the buckwheat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a bowl. Stir together.
- Add the milk and then the eggs, while stirring continuously. Whisk with a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Heat some oil or butter in a pan. Bake small pancakes from the batter. They need about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut the paprika into pieces. Fry the paprika and the mushrooms shortly in a pan and season with pepper and salt.
- Top 2/3 of the blini’s with a layer of cream cheese and 1/3 with cottage cheese. Top the cream cheese blini’s for one half with paprika and the other half with mushrooms. Spread some jam on top of the cottage cheese blinis.
- The blinis are best when they are still warm, so serve them immediately.
*Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving. Red bell pepper from a jar has not been tested yet, but I expect you can eat similar amounts. Limit your serving of this. You can also use fresh green bell pepper, this is low FODMAP in slightly larger amounts: up to 75 gram per serving.
**Cottage cheese is low FODMAP up to 36 g per portion. You should be able to eat 3-4 blinis with cottage cheese. If you are very sensitive to lactose you can replace the cottage cheese with lactose-free cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: low FODMAP blinis, gluten-free blinis