Low FODMAP blinis with savoury and sweet toppings
Blinis are mini pancakes made of buckwheat flour. They are originally from Eastern Europe and are often topped with different toppings.
Because the pancakes are so small, they are perfect to serve as a starter, for example with Christmas! I made low FODMAP blinis with two savoury and one sweet topping.
Savoury with cream cheese and grilled pepper and cream cheese and mushrooms. Sweet with cottage cheese and jam.
If you don’t want to serve the blinis as a starter, they are also delicious for breakfast or for lunch.Print
Low FODMAP blinis are a super cute starter dish for the holidays! But also tasty for breakfast or lunch. I made them with a sweet and a savoury topping.
For the blinis
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml lactose-free milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
For the toppings
- Lactose-free cream cheese
- Canned mushrooms
- Grilled paprika from a jar (make sure the ingredients don’t contain garlic)*
- Cottage cheese**
- Strawberry jam
- Put the buckwheat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a bowl. Stir together.
- Add the milk and then the eggs, while stirring continuously. Whisk with a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Heat some oil or butter in a pan. Bake small pancakes from the batter. They need about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut the paprika into pieces. Fry the paprika and the mushrooms shortly in a pan and season with pepper and salt.
- Top 2/3 of the blini’s with a layer of cream cheese and 1/3 with cottage cheese. Top the cream cheese blini’s for one half with paprika and the other half with mushrooms. Spread some jam on top of the cottage cheese blinis.
- The blinis are best when they are still warm, so serve them immediately.
*Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving. Red bell pepper from a jar has not been tested yet, but I expect you can eat similar amounts. Limit your serving of this. You can also use fresh green bell pepper, this is low FODMAP in slightly larger amounts: up to 75 gram per serving.
**Cottage cheese is low FODMAP up to 36 g per portion. You should be able to eat 3-4 blinis with cottage cheese. If you are very sensitive to lactose you can replace the cottage cheese with lactose-free cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
Laat je het me weten als je dit recept gemaakt hebt? Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je me laat weten wat je van het recept vindt door hieronder een reactie en een rating achter te laten. Je kunt ook je creaties met me delen op Instagram door de hashtag #karlijnskitchen te gebruiken of door mij te taggen via @karlijnskitchen.