Low FODMAP banana egg pancakes
This recipe is almost too simple to share, but I wanted to share it anyway. A basic recipe for low-carb and low FODMAP banana egg pancakes.
If you read my latest blog, you might have seen that I am currently following a SIBO diet.
My IBS complaints kept getting worse and worse lately and some research by my dietician showed that I have SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).
I am following a strict diet at the moment to hopefully kill the bad bacteria in my gut and help the good bacteria to thrive again.
This diet is a combination of a low-carb diet and a low FODMAP diet and I was searching for something tasty that I could make for breakfast.
I love a sweet breakfast in the morning and pancakes are always a treat. So I made the well-known low FODMAP banana egg pancakes but with a little twist.
How to make low FODMAP banana egg pancakes
The standard recipe for banana egg pancakes is 1 banana and 2 eggs. But on this SIBO diet, I have to eat low-carb and because of that, I can only eat half a banana as a serving of fruit. Bananas are relatively high in carbs.
So I changed the recipe a little bit and used 1/2 banana and 2 eggs instead. Next to that, I add a splash of almond milk and 2 tablespoons of almond flour (ground almonds) to the mixture.
I mix all of this together and with this batter, I make the pancakes.
I love serving pancakes with a handful of raspberries or blueberries. I use frozen ones that I heat up in the microwave for a minute.
In 10-15 minutes, I have a delicious low FODMAP and SIBO diet-proof breakfast!Print
A simple and healthy breakfast: low FODMAP banana egg pancakes with red fruits. Simple to make. Low-carb, SIBO diet-proof, gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbsp almond flour (ground almonds)
- A splash of unsweetened almond milk
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g raspberries or blueberries for serving (I use frozen ones)
- Olive oil for baking
- Mash the banana and put it into a bowl.
- Break the eggs in the bowl.
- Add almond flour, almond milk, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Add a little bit of batter to make a small pancake. I make 3 at a time in a large pan and this recipe makes about 6 mini pancakes in total.
- Fry on low heat until the batter sets and flip the pancake around. Fry for another minute and take the pancake from the pan. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Make a stack of pancakes on the plate.
- Thaw the fruit for 1 minute in the microwave and serve this next to the pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 17
Keywords: low FODMAP banana egg pancakes, gluten-free banana egg pancakes, low-carb pancakes, SIBO pancakes
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen