Low FODMAP Banana Bread
Last week I made the best low FODMAP banana bread ever. I think I have already said that before when I shared the recipe for this banana bread with you, but I honestly think this one is even better.
It is not a super healthy recipe for banana bread because it does contain oil and brown sugar. But it is so so good!
Good enough to just have it plain with a cup of coffee, but when you eat it warm with a layer of peanut butter on top it is even better.
The credits for this recipe are not for me. I have used the recipe by Sugar and cinnamon and changed it a bit to make it low FODMAP.
Storing the banana bread
Pack the banana bread airtight in a plastic container or in foil. It will remain good for about 4-5 days. Has the banana bread become a little dry? Then you can pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds to make it soft again.
I prefer to freeze the low FODMAP banana bread in slices (also packed airtight) and then always take a slice from the microwave in the morning if I want to eat it that day.
Ripe or unripe banana?
The only ingredient that is limited low FODMAP in this recipe is banana. Since there are two bananas in the whole loaf, one slice will contain relatively little banana.
If you use unripe bananas that have just turned yellow and have no brown speckles yet, 100 grams of banana is low FODMAP. You can then eat 2 to 3 slices of this banana bread at a time without any problems.
If you use ripe bananas, with a lot of brown speckles, 35 grams of banana is low FODMAP. If you get 16 slices from this banana bread, one slice contains about 14 grams of banana. You can therefore safely eat 2 slices of banana bread per serving.
Looking for more low FODMAP snacks?
Are you always looking for yummy low FODMAP snack ideas? Then make sure to also check out my blog with 80+ low FODMAP snack ideas, so you will never run out of inspiration!
Or bake one of these healthy snacks:
- Carrot cake banana bread
- Chocolate zucchini bread
- Healthy low FODMAP cheesecake with lemon
- Gluten-free pumpkin muffins
- Granola bars with peanut butter
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP banana bread? I would love it if you would share your creations with me using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen on Instagram or by tagging me at @karlijnskitchenPrint
Het absoluut lekkerste low FODMAP bananenbrood! Een glutenvrij, luchtig en lekker klef low FODMAP bananenbrood. De perfecte low FODMAP snack of ontbijtje.
- 125 gr (1 cup) gluten-free white flour (I use Schär Mix It Universal)
- 120 gr (1 cup) gluten-free whole grain flour (I use Doves Farm Brown Bread mix)*
- 2 medium banana’s, mashed**
- 3 eggs
- 110 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 110 gr (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) brewed black coffee
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- A 25-cm (10 inch) loaf tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Mix the olive oil and the sugar together in a bowl. Add the eggs and mix everything together well.
- Add the mashed bananas and the coffee and mix everything together. Add the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix everything together. Pour into a loaf tin covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the banana bread in the oven for 40-45 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean. It can differ per oven how long it will take for the banana bread to be done. Keep an eye on your banana bread the last 15 minutes of the baking time.
*I think the recipe will also turn out fine if you only use gluten-free white flour
**Read the text above this recipe for more information on which bananas to use.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/16 of the recipe)
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: low FODMAP banana bread, gluten-free banana bread, lactose-free banana bread
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!