Healthy low FODMAP blueberry muffins with lemon. A perfect low FODMAP snack! Only 145 calories. Gluten-free, lactose-free and sweetened with maple syrup
- 120 g (1 cup) gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 7 g (1/2 tbsp) coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60 g (1/4 cup) lactose-free yoghurt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lactose-free milk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 100 g (1 cup) blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, egg white and vanilla extract. Stir in the maple syrup and the yoghurt until you get a smooth mixture. Finally, stir in the lemon juice.
- Stir the flour mixture into the liquid mixture until everything is just combined. Pour in the milk, while stirring. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter over six muffin cups and bake them 20-25 minutes in the oven. The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, take them out and leave them to cool down further.
You can store the muffins for 5 days in the fridge or longer when you freeze them
You can also use frozen blueberries for this recipe. Just let them thaw before you use them. The frozen blueberries will give off some color on the batter, so your muffins will not have such a nice colour as when you use fresh blueberries. But they definitely won’t taste worse because of it!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Calories: 144
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2