Homemade low FODMAP granola
What is better in the morning than a bowl of yoghurt or quark with crunchy homemade granola? There are not many things that make a better breakfast if you ask me. And it is not difficult at all to make your own granola! The only thing you have to do is to throw your favourite ingredients together and put them in the oven for 20 minutes and then you have homemade low FODMAP granola.
You can basically use any ingredient you like, as long as you put a base (such as oats or cornflakes), a sweetener (you can also use honey for example) and some oil. I don’t like to have my granola too sweet, but if you want it to be sweeter you can add some more syrup.
Will you let me know if you have made my homemade low FODMAP granola? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
What is better in the morning than a bowl of yoghurt or quark with crunchy homemade granola!
- 400 g (4 cups) oats
- 40 g (1/4 cup) walnuts
- 40 g (1/4 cup) unsalted almonds
- 40 g (1/4 cup) raisins
- 40 g (1/4 cup) flaxseed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (it is best to add the dried fruits after baking)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave, then add it to the bowl together with the maple syrup. Mix it together well.
- Put your granola mix on a baking tray and place it in the oven for about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir it through so everything will be evenly baked. Keep an eye on the granola while it is baking because it can burn easily.
- And that’s it! Enjoy with some yoghurt/quark and fresh fruits and you are good to go!
- Prep Time: 30 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!