Low FODMAP healthy breakfast brownie
Sometimes you just need brownies. For breakfast, as a snack or for a lazy evening on the couch. Not an entire plateful of brownies (because otherwise, you will eat them all by yourself), but just one gooey sticky brownie to stop your chocolate cravings. This is such a brownie. Made with only good ingredients. No large amounts of sugar or butter. This healthy breakfast brownie has 200 calories and is perfect to have for breakfast with some yoghurt or quark.
I left the brownie slightly underbaked on purpose. I prefer my brownies to be still sticky and a bit liquid on the inside, so I can eat them with a spoon. If you prefer a brownie that is less sticky, you can leave it in the oven a bit longer.
Note: ripe bananas are low FODMAP up to 1/3 banana per portion (33 g). 1 medium unripe banana is low FODMAP (100 g). Larger portions unripe banana (125 g or more) are high in fructans and therefore high in FODMAPs. Make sure you use an unripe banana in this recipe. It is important to test your own tolerance level for bananas. It is possible that you tolerate ripe banana’s and if that is the case you can keep using them.
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP healthy breakfast brownie? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a reaction and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
Sometimes you need brownies, just one gooey brownie. This healthy breakfast brownie is perfect for that. Low FODMAP, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- 1 tbsp oat flour (ground oatmeal, or substitute with another kind of gluten-free low FODMAP flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp homemade Nutella (or substitute with peanut butter)
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius (300 F).
- Put all ingredients together into a bowl.
- Stir together.
- Grease a mini baking tin or an oven-safe bowl with a bit of oil or baking spray.
- Bake the brownie in the oven for 20 minutes (I preferred my brownie to still be a bit liquid on the inside. If you prefer a less sticky brownie, you can leave the brownie in the oven for 5-10 minutes longer).
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!