Gnocchi with sausage, spinach and goat cheese
Gnocchi will always be a dish that you can wake me up for in the night. It is easy to make, it gives you that comfort food feeling and it is just very tasty.
I bought my first cast-iron skillet some time ago and I couldn’t wait to start using it. The first dish that I made with it was this gnocchi with sausage, spinach and goat cheese.
You can easily make this recipe in one pan, but I choose to boil the gnocchi in another pan. Gnocchi can be eaten fried too, but I like it best when it’s boiled.Print
A delicious simple gnocchi with sausage, spinach and goat cheese. Great comfort food. Low FODMAP and gluten-free.
- 300 g gluten-free gnocchi
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 200 g low FODMAP sausage
- 1 tomato
- 1 roasted red pepper (check the ingredients list for high FODMAP ingredients)
- 40 g grated goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Bring a pan with water to boil.
- Heat some oil in a skillet or frying pan. Cut the sausages into pieces and fry until it is cooked on all sides.
- Cut the tomato and the roasted red pepper into small pieces. Put them into the pan with the sausage and fry for a few minutes. Add the ground paprika and the Italian herbs. Stir together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach and cooked until it has shrunken.
- Put the gnocchi into the pan with boiling water and add a bit of salt. Cook for two minutes until the gnocchi has softened.
- Drain the gnocchi and add it to the pan with the sausage and the vegetables. Stir everything together.
- Finally, sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.