A recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie. A sweet and slightly sour pie for spring and summer. Delicious with some cream or ice cream. Low FODMAP, gluten-free and low lactose.
- 350 g (2.6 cups) gluten-free flour mix (I use Schär Mix It Universal)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 180 g (3/4 cup) cold butter + extra to grease the tin
- 1 egg
- 125 g (1/2 cup) white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp gluten-free bread crumbs
- A 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan
- Baking parchment
For the filling
- 400 g (14.1 oz) fresh strawberries
- 300 g (10.6 oz) fresh rhubarb
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Wash the strawberries, cut off the stems and cut into quarters.
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the rhubarb. Then cut the rhubarb into small pieces of about 1 cm (1/2 inch).
- Place in a bowl with the strawberries and stir in the sugar and cornstarch.
- For the dough, place Schär Mix It Universal, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and stir.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients together with the egg.
- Mix with a mixer with dough hooks into a dough ball. Roll the dough into cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 F).
- Line the springform pan with baking paper and grease the sides with a little butter.
- Take half of the dough ball and divide pieces of the dough over the bottom of the springform pan. Press with your hands into a smooth bottom. Take a quarter of the remaining dough and cover the edges of the springform with it. Save the last part for the top of the pie.
- Divide two tablespoons of gluten-free breadcrumbs over the bottom of the cake. This will absorb any excess moisture.
- Divide the filling over the springform pan. Add the strawberries and rhubarb, but don’t add any liquids from the bowl. Otherwise the filling will be too wet.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cut into strips. Place this in a diamond pattern over the springform and press down a little bit with your hands.
- Bake the rhubarb pie in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Waiting time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: gluten-free strawberry rhubarb pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, low FODMAP strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb pie