Gluten-free Mexican pizza
Ultimate comfort food: pizza on the weekend. That makes me very happy every now and then! Today I have a recipe for an easy gluten-free Mexican pizza for you.
A pizza with tomato sauce, seasoned minced meat, bell pepper, lactose-free crème fraîche and more. What you normally put in a taco, but now on a pizza. And I can tell you, that’s really good;)
I really enjoy experimenting with less standard pizza toppings. Sometimes I go easy with a classic pizza margarita with some extra vegetables or a pizza funghi (with canned mushrooms).
But I also like to come up with something more special. For example, it is still on my list to make a pizza carbonara or a pizza carpaccio.
This time I went for Mexican, because I love Mexican food and why not pair that with a pizza? The best thing about this pizza is the lactose-free crème fraîche on top with a few thin slices of avocado.
That makes the pizza wonderfully fresh and goes very well with the rest of the ingredients.
Gluten-free pizza crust
For this recipe I used the gluten-free pizza crust from Schär. Like a number of other Schär products, this product is certified low FODMAP and therefore safe to use on the low FODMAP diet.
If you feel like it, you could even make your own low FODMAP pizza crust.
Can’t get enough of pizza?
Looking for even more gluten-free and low FODMAP pizza inspiration? Take a look at these recipes:
- Low FODMAP pizza parma ham
- Low FODMAP pizza with a homemade crust
- Low FODMAP pizza bread
- Flammkuchen pita pizzas
This blog was written in collaboration with Schär. You can read more about collaborations on my blog here.Print
A gluten-free Mexican pizza made with a store-bought pizza crust. Topped with seasoned minced meat, bell pepper, tomato sauce and more. Low lactose.
- 1 gluten-free and low FODMAP pizza crust (I use Schär)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 100 g (3,5 oz) minced beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Pepper and salt
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 tbsp black olives
- A handful grated cheese
- 2 tbsp lactose-free sour cream
- 2 stalks of spring onion, the green part only
- Optional: canned corn
- Optional: 1/8 avocado, in slices
- Pre-heat the oven according to the instructions on the package.
- Spread the tomato paste over the pizza crust with the back of a spoon.
- Heat a pan and fry the minced beef. Season with ground cumin, ground paprika, pepper and salt.
- Cut the bell pepper into pieces, add to the pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Divide the minced beef and paprika over the pizza crust.
- Cut the tomato into cubes and the olives and spring onion into rings.
- Divide the tomato and olives over the pizza. Cut the baby corn into pieces and add this too if you use it.
- Divide the grated cheese over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with rings of spring onion, lactose-free sour cream and some slices of avocado.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: gluten-free pizza, gluten-free mexican pizza, low FODMAP pizza, low FODMAP mexican pizza
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.