Gluten-free herb butter bread
This recipe is so simple that it hardly needs any explanation, but I still wanted to share the recipe for this. A low FODMAP and gluten-free herb butter baguette.
During my student days, we often bought a ready-made pre-cut baguette with garlic butter for BBQs. If you had put it in the oven, it would be all warm and the garlic butter would come oozing out. Ahh that was one of my favourite things to eat.
Those breads always contained a lot of garlic and that is of course not low FODMAP. But if you make your own herb butter, with fresh herbs, you can also make such a delicious baguette.
How to make your own herb butter bread
You make the herb butter with butter, fresh parsley, lemon juice, pepper and salt according to my low FODMAP herb butter recipe.
Then cut the gluten-free baguette, but don’t cut the pieces fully so the bread stays together. Then spread the insides of the baguette pieces with the herb butter.
You put this in the oven for 10 minutes and your herb butter baguette is ready!
I like it just as much as the supermarket ready-made baguettes I used to eat (you might just miss the garlic flavour a bit) and it’s super easy to make.Print
A delicious low FODMAP and gluten-free herb bread with homemade herb butter. Simple to make and low lactose.
- 2 small gluten-free baguettes (Schär baguettes are also a low FODMAP option)*
- 1x the basic recipe for low FODMAP herb butter
- Optional: 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut into the baguette, as if you were going to cut it into slices, just don’t cut it all the way through so that the slices all stick together.
- Spread the indentations on the inside well with herb butter.
- Optionally sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.
- Bake the baguette for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven (or what the package says)
- Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.