A fast fried gnocchi with pesto. This recipe is low FODMAP, gluten-free and vegetarian and is easy to make with a ready-made basil paste.
- 400 g low FODMAP gnocchi (Schär’s gnocchi is low FODMAP)
- 200 g canned mushrooms (Oyster mushrooms are also low FODMAP)
- 1 green bell pepper*
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- Grated cheese to taste
- Drain the mushrooms and rinse them well. Cut the bell pepper into pieces.
- Make the low FODMAP pesto with this recipe.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the vegetables for a few minutes until they have softened. Add the gnocchi and fry for a few minutes. Add 2 tbsp pesto and stir well. Taste and season with pepper and salt.
- Divide the gnocchi over two plates. Garnish with pine nuts and grated cheese to taste.
*The low FODMAP amounts for bell pepper have changed in 2022. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving, green bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving. Therefore, I advise using green bell pepper in this recipe. If you know you tolerate fructose well and you don’t react to bell pepper, you can also use red bell pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 mins