Low FODMAP fried gnocchi with pesto
I love spending time in the kitchen and to make meals from-scratch. But sometimes I do miss it to simply open a jar of pesto and make a simple pasta without thinking.
I have only found one ready-made pesto in the Netherlands that is low FODMAP. Therefore I usually make low FODMAP pesto from scratch, using this recipe.
If you want to make this recipe vegan, you can leave the cheese out or replace it with a tablespoon of nutritional yeast.
With only six ingredients, this is a very simple vegetarian recipe. Gnocchi fills you up a lot, so even with only a few ingredients this is a filling meal.
Love gnocchi just as much as I do?
Give the other gnocchi recipes on the blog a try too:
A fast fried gnocchi with pesto. This recipe is low FODMAP, gluten-free and vegetarian and is easy to make with a ready-made basil paste.
- 400 g low FODMAP gnocchi (Schär’s gnocchi is low FODMAP)
- 200 g canned mushrooms (Oyster mushrooms are also low FODMAP)
- 1 green bell pepper*
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP pesto (click for the recipe)
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- Grated cheese to taste
- Drain the mushrooms and rinse them well. Cut the bell pepper into pieces.
- Make the low FODMAP pesto with this recipe.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the vegetables for a few minutes until they have softened. Add the gnocchi and fry for a few minutes. Add 2 tbsp pesto and stir well. Taste and season with pepper and salt.
- Divide the gnocchi over two plates. Garnish with pine nuts and grated cheese to taste.
*The low FODMAP amounts for bell pepper have changed in 2022. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 43 gram per serving, green bell pepper is low FODMAP up to 75 gram per serving. Therefore, I advise using green bell pepper in this recipe. If you know you tolerate fructose well and you don’t react to bell pepper, you can also use red bell pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.