Low FODMAP burritos
Ahh burritos, I think these might be one of my favourite Mexican dishes. When I was young, we used to eat this quite often at home. The entire family loved it.
We used to make burritos from package from the supermarket. Included was a spices mix, a crème fraîche spread and of course the tortillas.
Now I prefer making things from scratch, so I made my own low FODMAP burritos, filled with minced meat. They taste just as good as I remember, or maybe even better 😉
Homemade gluten-free tortillas
Last week, I shared my recipe to make low FODMAP tortillas from scratch. I used these tortillas for this recipe.
It costs a bit of time to make tortillas from scratch, I think it will take you about an hour, but then you do have homemade low FODMAP tortillas!
I can imagine that you don’t always feel like making your own tortillas or have time to do that. Especially after a day of work or on another busy moment.
In that case, you can always use store-bought low FODMAP tortillas too. I often use corn tortillas when I am short on time.Print
A simple recipe for low FODMAP burritos with minced meat! With a vegetarian option. Gluten-free and low lactose.
- 4 to 6 low FODMAP tortillas
- 250 g (8.8 oz) lean minced meat
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 50 g (1/2 cup) grated cheese
- Optional: 1/4th avocado*
Burrito spices mix
- 1 tsp smoked ground paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground chili
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75 g (2.6 oz) lactose-free crème fraîche
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- A splash of lemon juice
- A pinch of ground chili
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
- Mix the spices for the spices mix together in a bowl. Put aside.
- Fry the minced meat until cooked.
- Cut the bell pepper and tomatoes into small pieces. Add them together with the spices mix to the minced meat. Bake the vegetables for a few minutes until they have softened. Taste and season with some extra salt to taste, if necessary.
- Mix for the sauce the lactose-free crème fraîche with the spices for the sauce mix and the lemon juice. Taste and season with extra lemon juice and salt if necessary.
- Spread the crème fraîche sauce on top of the tortillas.
- Put the minced meat – vegetable mixture on top and close the tortillas. Put them with the opening down into the oven dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and put the low FODMAP burritos in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut the avocado into cubes and serve this on the side, with some extra lactose-free crème fraîche to taste.
*1/8th avocado per serving is low FODMAP. Stick to this serving size if you are still in the elimination phase or don’t tolerate sorbitol well. If you tolerate sorbitol well, you could use a little more avocado.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: low FODMAP burritos, gluten-free burritos, burritos, burritos with minced meat
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Laat je het me weten als je dit recept gemaakt hebt? Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je me laat weten wat je van het recept vindt door hieronder een reactie en een rating achter te laten. Je kunt ook je creaties met me delen op Instagram door de hashtag #karlijnskitchen te gebruiken of door mij te taggen via @karlijnskitchen.