Bacon Cheeseburger (low FODMAP, gluten-free)
Time for the second Healthy Fastfood Week recipe (see the first, the tortilla pizza, recipe here). And this might be my favourite (however, I am also veeeery enthousiastic about the recipe that comes online on Saturday).
Today, I have a burger for you! A bacon cheeseburger. Yes! This burger is, with its 600 calories, the least healthy recipe of the three, but it contains mainly fresh ingredients, contrary to most fast food burgers.
As my boyfriend said: after eating this burger I am full, while when I eat a cheeseburger at McDonalds I can eat 3 in a row and still not be full after that.
I don’t think I would be able to eat 3 cheeseburgers in a row anyway, but I do believe that a burger like this one will keep you satisfied longer, than a burger from a fast food restaurant.
I ate a light salad for lunch on the day that I was going to eat this burger and therefore it easily fitted into my healthy menu for the day. I used cheddar cheese as cheese for the burger.
Make sure that you buy ‘real’ cheddar and not those pieces of plastic that they sell in the supermarket to put on your burger. These slices of ‘cheddar’ might melt very well, but only 5% of the ingredients in these slices is cheddar and next to that they contain mainly milk, which makes them not low FODMAP.
In the Dutch supermarket, they sell real cheddar in slices and in a piece and these are both low FODMAP. You can also use a different kind of cheese if you prefer.Print
What is better than a burger? A healthier bacon cheese burger! Made with fresh ingredients. Low FODMAP and gluten-free.
- 2 gluten-free burger buns (I use buns from the brand Schär)
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 4 slices of bacon (check the ingredients)
- 2 slices of cheddar
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- Slices of pickles (check the ingredients)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Ground paprika
- Ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- I like to heat my burger buns in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius. If you use fresh buns this is not necessary.
- Mix the minced meat with the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, pepper and salt. Divide the meat in two and shape it into two burgers.
- Fry the burgers until done on both sides.
- Bake the bacon in another pan until crunchy.
- Cut the tomato and the pickles into slices.
- Mix for the sauce the mayonnaise and mustard together.
- Cut the burger buns open and top them with lettuce, tomato, the burger, a slice of cheddar, bacon, pickles and finally the mayonnaise-mustard sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 617
- Fat: 38
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 32
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.