Low FODMAP avocado dip
Today I have a recipe for a low FODMAP avocado dip for you. Guacamole used to be something that you could wake me up for anytime. I loved that avocado dip. As a topping for nacho’s or simply on a rice cake. I couldn’t get enough of it. Unfortunately, this ended when I started following the low FODMAP diet because avocado is only low FODMAP up to 1/8 avocado and I didn’t tolerate it well. And well, what can you do with only 20 grams of avocado. .
Until, suddenly, I got the idea for a low FODMAP avocado dip. I thought what if I mix avocado with something else that is low FODMAP, then I can enjoy the taste of avocado, but it won’t give me a stomach ache. And that’s how this low FODMAP avocado dip with cream cheese was born! Of course, it tastes different from real guacamole, but the avocado flavor is clearly there and that makes it very enjoyable.
A perfect dip to dip nacho chips in, to put on a rice cake or even as a spread on a burger (I will share a burger recipe with you this week!). The avocado is back!
What do you need (for 4 portions):
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 100 grams of lactose-free cream cheese
- 1/2 tomato, cut in small pieces
- Pepper & salt
- Lime juice
- A drop of tabasco
Notes for Fodmappers
- 1/4 portion of this dip is low FODMAP, because you stay below the maximum amount of avocado. Keep to the portion size to avoid getting complaints.
How to make the low FODMAP avocado dip
- Mash the avocado with a fork and put it in a bowl
- Stir in the cream cheese and the pieces of tomato
- Add pepper, salt, a splash of lime juice and a drop of tabasco to taste.
That’s it, super simple! Enjoy 🙂
Will you let me know if you decide to make the low FODMAP guacamole dip? I would love it if you would share your creations with me using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen on Instagram or by tagging me at @karlijnskitchen