A few weeks ago I shared the recipe for the crustless quiche with you and I have been eating it several times since.
I really love the recipe and therefore, I want to share a variant of it with you today: low FODMAP egg muffins with smoked salmon!
The crustless quiche recipe was such a good recipe concerning calories and protein that I really wanted to take a piece of quiche with me to work for lunch.
But because that totally isn’t practical, I thought I could better make it into egg muffins instead and I gave a twist on the recipe. The result were delicious egg muffins with smoked salmon and grilled bell pepper!
Update 2022: the serving sizes for red bell pepper have been updated in march 2022. Red bell pepper is low FODMAP up to a serving of 43 gram.
Grilled red bell pepper from a jar has not been tested, therefore I stick to the same serving sizes as for fresh red bell pepper. It is always smart to test for yourself how you react to products that have not been tested yet.
This recipe uses 200 gram of grilled red bell pepper and makes 10 muffins. Therefore, two muffins are a safe low FODMAP serving size.
How to serve the low FODMAP egg muffins
You can make 10 muffins with this recipe and one muffin only contains 80 calories and has 9 grams of protein!
Because the muffins are high in protein, they fill you up quite well. I love eating them next to a salad or with some low FODMAP bread.
I also like having the muffins as a snack. I regularly bring two muffins with me as a snack and I find it a nice pick-me-up for when I get hungry.
The muffins are also perfect to serve with a brunch or festive breakfast. A very versatile and handy recipe!Print
These egg muffins with smoked salmon are easy to take with you and super healthy. Protein rich, which keeps you full long. Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP
- 3 eggs
- 100 g (3.5 oz) thick lactose-free yoghurt
- About 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 200 g (7 oz) grilled red bell pepper from a jar*
- 200 g (7 oz) smoked salmon
- 100 g (3.5 oz) frozen spinach (fresh is also possible)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Defreeze the spinach by heating it up in a pan and flavour with pepper and salt. Put the spinach aside.
- Cut the bell pepper and the salmon in pieces. Stir the pepper and salmon through the spinach and flavour everything with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and stir in the yoghurt. If the mixture is too thick you can add about 50 ml of water. Otherwise you can omit this.
- Divide the vegetables and salmon over 10 silicon muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture on top and stir the mixture carefully.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
*Check the information above the recipe about serving sizes for red bell pepper. Make sure the jar of grilled red bell peppers doesn’t contain any high FODMAP ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 9
Keywords: gluten-free egg muffins, low FODMAP egg muffins, egg muffins with salmon
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!