Keto cloud bread recipe
It was a huge trend when I first published this recipe in 2016: keto cloud bread. Airy bread-like slices made with only two ingredients: eggs and cottage cheese.
This bread has no carbs, is high in protein and has very little calories. So it is very nice to use if you want to eat meals that are lower in calories and/or carbs.
How to make cloud bread
Cloud bread is fairly easy to make. The bread is very fluffy, that’s where it got its name from. You create such a fluffy bread by whisking up the egg whites.
To make keto cloud bread, you split the eggs. The yolks go together with the cottage cheese in a bowl, where you stir them together.
You put the egg whites in another bowl with the baking powder and whisk them with an electric mixer until they stand up in stiff peaks.
Then you carefully fold the egg whites into the egg yolk-cottage cheese mixture.
After this, you prepare a baking sheet with baking parchment and divide 10 heaps of the mixture over the baking sheet.
Slightly flatten the cloud breads with a spoon and then they are ready to go into the oven.
No carb bread
Cloud bread doesn’t contain any carbs. The two main ingredients for this bread are eggs and cottage cheese. Both contain protein and fat, but no carbs.
One piece of cloud bread has only 35 calories, 2 grams of fat and 3 grams of protein.
Therefore this is a very keto friendly bread, it is a great bread replacement for a low carb diet.
Sweet or savory cloud bread
The basic recipe for cloud bread is quite plain. The bread itself doesn’t have a lot of flavor.
But that’s perfect because this makes it the ideal base for a sandwich. You can create flavor with the toppings that you use on the bread.
Below I share two ideas for making savory or sweet cloud bread. Great for either savory or sweet toppings:
- Sweet cloud bread: add one tablespoon of maple syrup to your mixture
- Savory cloud bread: add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 Italian herbs to the mixture
Cloud bread is egg white and cottage cheese bread. No carb bread with only 2 ingredients. 35 calories per bread. Keto, low FODMAP and high protein
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp (75 grams) cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Split the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites together with the baking powder until it forms peaks. You can best do this with an electrical mixer.
- In another bowl whisk the cottage cheese and the egg yolks together.
- Carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture using a spatula. Add the egg yolk mixture bit by bit, because the mixture has to stay airy.
- Layer a baking sheet with baking parchment and use a spoon to put 10 heaps of the mixture on the baking tray. Leave a bit of space between each cloud bread.
- Bake the cloud breads in the oven for about 20 minutes. Watch them closely after 15 minutes, because your oven might be baking a bit faster.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3
Keywords: cloud bread, cloud bread recipe, no carb bread, keto cloud bread, low carb bread, gluten-free low carb bread
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.