Chocolate Zucchini Bread (low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free)
This recipe for chocolate zucchini bread isn’t my own, but it is so good that I had to share it with you! I made it for the second time last week and I can’t get enough of it. It is so soft and gooey and with every bite you taste chocolate! It is a delicious healthier snack. It is very much like banana bread but then with some added zucchini. I found out that adding zucchini makes bakes perfectly gooey. A while ago I made zucchini carrot muffins and they were the same, so soft! I love baking with zucchini!
If you prefer a little less chocolate in your zucchini bread, you can leave the chocolate chips out or add a bit less. You can also replace them by nuts or seeds.
This recipe is originally from Chocolate Covered Katie: Zucchini Banana Bread
Will you let me know if you make my low FODMAP chocolate zucchini bread? I would love it if you would share your thoughts about the recipe!Print
A delicious chocolate zucchini bread! Super gooey and yummy. A healthy snack. Low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan
- 260 (2 1/2 cups) grams rolled oats
- 2 banana’s, mashed (240 grams, 1 cup)
- 200 gram zucchini (1 cup), in small pieces or grated
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lactose-free or plant-based milk
- 150 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp vinegar
- 80 gram (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cake or loaf tin and layer with baking parchment.
- Put all the oats in a blender and blend until you have a flour.
- Add all other ingredients, except for the chocolate chips together and blend into a smooth mixture (it is ok if there are small pieces of zucchini in the mixture).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Leave the chocolate zucchini bread in the closed oven for 10 minutes after the baking time has ended.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Zucchini is limited low FODMAP to a maximum of 67 g per serving. Unless you eat 1/3th of the whole zucchini bread in one serving, you will stay far below this maximum. You can eat 1 or 2 slices of chocolate zucchini bread per serving without any problems.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!