A simple recipe for low FODMAP chicken noodle soup from the slow cooker. Needs only 10 minutes preparation time. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 400 g (14.1 oz) chicken thigh fillet
- 2.5 liters (10.5 cups) of stock (use low FODMAP stock cubes)
- 2 medium carrots
- The green part of 6 stalks of spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 400 g (14.1 oz) mix of oyster mushrooms and mushrooms from a jar (or one of both)
- 150 g (5.3 oz) brown rice noodles
- Optional: 3 boiled eggs, halved
- A slow cooker (I use the Crock Pot Express 6 Quart)
- Place the chicken thigh fillet in the slow cooker.
- Cut the carrots into slices, the pepper and the spring onions into rings. Save a handful of spring onions for garnish.
- Place the carrot, red pepper, spring onion, ginger, soy sauce and stock in the slow cooker. Stir.
- Set the slow cooker on high for 2 hours and then on slow for another 4 hours.
- Clean the oyster mushrooms and cut into pieces. Rinse the mushrooms from the jar well and let them drain. Set this aside for now.
- After the soup has been cooking for 6 hours, turn off the slowcooker. Pull the chicken meat apart with two forks and return to the pan.
- Taste the stock and season with some salt, pepper or a little extra soy sauce.
- Add the oyster mushrooms/mushrooms to the soup along with the noodles. Put the lid back on the pan and set on low for another 30 minutes.
- Divide the soup over 6 bowls.
- Nice to serve with a boiled egg
*Use gluten-free soy sauce if you have to eat strictly gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 hours 30 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 19
Keywords: low FODMAP chicken noodle soup, gluten-free chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, healthy chicken noodle soup