Low FODMAP carrot soup with ginger and coconut milk
A few weeks ago I was sick and then I cooked this soup for dinner. I was eating vegan for a few days and I really wanted a soup with only healthy ingredients.
And that is this low FODMAP carrot soup with ginger and coconut milk for sure. The soup only has a few ingredients: carrot, ginger, coconut milk and stock. Low budget, super simple to make, but very tasty!
The costs of this budget recipe:
- Coconut milk, 2x 200 ml, €1,78
- Carrots, 1 kg: €0,76
- Maggi stock cubes: €0,80
- Fresh ginger, 100 g: €0,66
€1,02 per person
A super healthy carrot soup with ginger and coconut milk. Easy to make and with only a few ingredients. Low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan.
- 1 kilogram carrots
- A piece of fresh ginger (about 5 cm)
- 1 litre stock (choose a low FODMAP stock cube)
- 320 ml canned coconut milk*
- Pepper and salt
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces. Peel the piece of carrot and cut it into very small pieces too or grate it.
- Heat some oil in a soup pan. Put the carrots, the ginger and a pinch of salt in the pan an fry the vegetables for five minutes while you stir now and then.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Leave the soup to boil on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the soup, leave a little bit behind for garnish, and stir together. Leave the soup to simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with pepper and salt.
- Puree the soup with a stick blender into a smooth mixture. Leave to simmer for a few more minute and serve. Garnish with some extra coconut milk.
*Note that coconut milk is limited low FODMAP. A serving size of 80 ml is low FODMAP. Larger servings (120 ml or more) contain high amounts of sorbitol and should, therefore, be avoided if you are still in the elimination phase or if you malabsorb sorbitol.
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 4
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!