Low FODMAP blue cheese steak salad
As a recent ex-student, I usually cook my meals with low budget products. I use a lot of chicken, rather choose smoked salmon than fresh one and I buy cheap salad cheese from a supermarket brand instead of real feta, like a real (ex)student would do.
Today I did something totally different and I went for a royal meal: Blue cheese steak salad!
Decadent and quite luxury for me. But wow this I a perfect combination! A delicious tender steak, salty pieces of blue cheese and crunchy pecans.
Move over cheap ass student salads, I want this blue cheese steak salad every day!!
The dressing is simple but makes the salad just a tad better. Olive oil, white wine vinegar and slightly spicy mustard give exactly that little extra that a good dressing can do for a salad.
Oh, only writing this already makes me drool again!
I can only say one more thing: this salad will make you very happy, so go and make this, soon! Promise? 🙂Print
A divine decadent blue cheese steak salad with pecans, egg and tomato. Perfect for a summer dinner or lunch. Low FODMAP and gluten-free.
- 200 gr steak
- 100 gr mixed lettuce
- 60 gr blue cheese
- 2 eggs
- 120 g tomatoes*
- 20 gr pecans
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard (choose a low FODMAP variant)
- Boil the eggs.
- Fry the steak until done on both sides. Cook it as you prefer it: medium, rare or well done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the lettuce over two plates. Cut the tomatoes in wedges and the eggs in pieces and put this on top of the lettuce.
- Cut the steak into slices and put this on the lettuce too.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients for the dressing together and put this on top of the lettuce.
- Finally, crumble the blue cheese and the pecans over the salad.
*Note that tomatoes are limited low FODMAP. If you use this amount, this is a safe low FODMAP amount for 2 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.