Low FODMAP baked eggs with salmon (oeuf en cocotte)
A perfect breakfast treat for your Easter breakfast or brunch! Low FODMAP baked eggs with salmon from the oven. Also called oeuf en cocotte in French.
The recipe is so simple that it hardly needs explaining:
- You grease four ramekins with butter.
- You take some smoked salmon and lactose-free crème fraîche (or cream cheese if you can’t find crème fraîche) and divide that over the ramekins.
- Sprinkle some fresh dill and the green part of spring onion on top
- Break an egg above each ramekin.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Put a small layer of water into an oven dish and place the ramekins in the oven dish.
- Place into the oven at 390 F (180 C) for 10 to 15 minutes.
And there you have your low FODMAP baked eggs with salmon! It is a small bite, so you can easily serve it with some other dishes during your breakfast or brunch.
More low FODMAP breakfast and brunch ideas
Looking for some more yummy recipes to add to your Easter brunch or breakfast? Then take a look at these recipes:
- Low FODMAP scones
- Egg muffins with smoked salmon
- Devilled eggs
- Low FODMAP cinnamon rolls
- Scrambled tofu
- Sweet potato pancakes
Try these low FODMAP baked eggs with salmon from the oven (oeuf en cocotte) for Easter brunch or breakfast! Simple to make & gluten-free
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 g (3.5 oz) smoked salmon
- 4 tsp lactose-free crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 stalks of spring onion, the green part
- 4 eggs
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ramekins
- A large oven dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (390 F).
- Grease the inside of the ramekins with butter.
- Cut the salmon into small strips. Divide over the bottom of the ramekins.
- Divide the crème fraîche on top.
- Chop the dill and cut the spring onion into rings. Put a handful aside for garnish.
- Divide the rest of the dill and spring onion over the ramekins.
- Break one egg above each ramekin.
- Sprinkle with some pepper and salt.
- Fill the oven dish with a layer of water and put the ramekins in the dish. The water should come halfway up to the ramekins.
- Bake the eggs in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 142
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 11
Keywords: gluten-free oeufs en cocotte, lactose-free oeufs en cocotte, low FODMAP oeufs en cocotte, low FODMAP baked eggs, gluten-free baked eggs, lactose-free baked eggs, baked eggs with salmon
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen