Baba ganoush is a dip from the Middle East that is made with eggplant, garlic, olive oil and tahini. My recipe is also low FODMAP.
- 2 eggplants (after baking and removing the peel you have about 200 g eggplant left)
- 20 g tahini
- 1 clove of garlic (don’t use if you are eating low FODMAP)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil (use garlic-infused olive oil and leave the clove of garlic out when you eat low FODMAP)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp (smoked) paprika powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prick into the eggplant all around with a fork and put it on a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the eggplant in the oven for 60 minutes and turn it around half way.
- Slice the eggplant open in the length and scrape out the pulp.
- Put the pulp into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil and flavour with paprika powder, cumin, pepper and salt.
- And your Baba Ganoush is done! Put a bit of olive oil on top and serve with warm bread or veggies to dip!
One serve of baba ganoush is low FODMAP (1/2 of the recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins