Baba Ganoush (also low FODMAP)
Ohhh this is so good! Baba Ganoush is a recipe from the Middle East and it is often eaten in for example Syria, Libanon and Israel, but also in Turkey and Greece.
It’s super simple to make and the soft creamy taste of the eggplant combined with the tahini is delicious. It’s especially good as a dip when you are having drinks with some veggies or bread to dip with or as a starter.
I made it into a main course for myself by mixing it with rice and minced meat (maybe not the ideal way to combine it, but I loved it).
Baba Ganoush is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free and if you replace the garlic by garlic-infused olive oil (heat olive oil, bake a few garlic cloves in it for a few minutes and remove the garlic cloves afterwards) also low FODMAP. Perfect for everybody!Print
Baba ganoush is a dip from the Middle East that is made with eggplant, garlic, olive oil and tahini. My recipe is also low FODMAP.
- 2 eggplants (after baking and removing the peel you have about 200 g eggplant left)
- 20 g tahini
- 1 clove of garlic (don’t use if you are eating low FODMAP)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil (use garlic-infused olive oil and leave the clove of garlic out when you eat low FODMAP)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp (smoked) paprika powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prick into the eggplant all around with a fork and put it on a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the eggplant in the oven for 60 minutes and turn it around half way.
- Slice the eggplant open in the length and scrape out the pulp.
- Put the pulp into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil and flavour with paprika powder, cumin, pepper and salt.
- And your Baba Ganoush is done! Put a bit of olive oil on top and serve with warm bread or veggies to dip!
One serve of baba ganoush is low FODMAP (1/2 of the recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
Will you let me know if you have made this recipe? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.