LOW FODMAP Asian salad
After the barbeque recipe for low FODMAP chicken satay that I shared with you last wednesday, I have another recipe for you that is perfect for an Asian themed BBQ. The base of this Asian salad is super simple, but the dressing with rice vinegar and sesame oil really gives it that Asian twist.
If you are looking for other side dishes to serve on an Asian barbeque you could do sweet and sour cucumber and some white rice or rice noodles. Or what do you think about banh mi, but served on a smaller bun? And this rice salad would also do great on a barbeque. Fruit salad always makes a good side dish too and most natural prawn crackers are also low FODMAP and super tasty! Plenty ideas to choose from! What would you serve at an Asian barbeque?
Will you let me know if you have made my low FODMAP Asian salad? I would love it if you would let me know what you think about the recipe by leaving a comment and a rating below. You can also share your creations with me by tagging me on Instagram @karlijnskitchen or by using the hashtag #karlijnskitchen.Print
A delicious low FODMAP Asian salad with red cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber and carrot julienne. The perfect side dish. Low FODMAP, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan.
For the salad
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 300 g (3 cups) red cabbage
- 100 g (1 cup) carrot julienne
- Optional: a few radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- Unsalted peanuts
- Limes for garnish
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or rice syrup
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- A splash of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt
- Put all ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and stir together. Put aside.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips. Cut the cucumber in half in the length and then in slices. Cut the red cabbage into small pieces and the radishes into slices.
- Put the bell pepper, cucumber, red cabbage, carrot julienne and radish together into a bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss.
- Chop a handful of peanuts into chunks with a large knife. Garnish the salad with the peanuts, fresh cilantro and pieces of lime.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: low FODMAP asian salad, asian salad, vegan asian salad
Together we go for a calm belly!
Subscribe to the Karlijn's Kitchen e-mail newsletter for more tips and recipes and receive the ebook 10 things I wish I had known when I started the FODMAP diet for free!